Wednesday, September 11, 2013

B.Tech.Infrastructure Engineering Course Details


B. Tech. Infrastructure Engineering program has been designed to create highly skilled construction and project management professionals who are well-versed in planning, designing, estimating, execution and maintenance of buildings. The program also covers topics like transportation infrastructure, which includes roads, railways, airports, dock and harbor, lifeline structures that involve bridges, dams and canals and structures for water supply and sanitary units. 
Semester wise Coverage 

Semester I
Physics I
Chemistry
Mathematics I
Material Science
Computer Science
Communication Workshop 1.1
Environmental Studies
Basic Infrastructure Engineering
Practical
Physics Lab I
Chemistry Lab
Computer Lab
Language Lab

Semester II
Physics II
Mathematics II
Basic Electrical Engineering
Basic Electronics Engineering
Communication Workshop 1.2
Engineering Graphics
Workshop Technology
Engineering Mechanics
Practical
Engineering Graphics Lab
Electrical & Electronics Lab
Physics Lab II
Engineering Workshop
Language through Literature

Semester III
Building Construction
Engineering Geology
Mechanics of Solids
Basic Mechanical Engineering
Surveying I
Communication Workshop 2.0
Practical
Computer Aided Engg. Graphics
Surveying Practical I
Material Testing Lab
Geology Lab

Semester IV
Mathematics III
Building Design & Drawing
Structural Analysis I
Fluild Mechanics I
Concrete Technology
Surveying II
Practical
Surveying Practical II
Computer Aided Drawing Lab
Concrete Testing Lab II
Fluid Mechanics Lab I

Semester V
Fluid Mechanics II
Applied Numerical Methods
Structural Analysis II
Soil Mechanics
Transportation Engineering I
Design of Concrete Structures
Communication Workshop 3.0
Practical
Fluid Mechanics Lab II
Soil Mechanics Lab
Concrete. Design Practical
Transportation Engineering Lab
Minor Project I

Semester VI
Transportation Engineering II
Design of Steel Structures
Foundation Engineering
Environmental Engineering I
Project Cost Analysis
Water Resource Engineering
Practical
Steel Design Practical
Project Cost Analysis Practical
Environmental Engineering Lab
Minor Project II
Comprehensive Viva I
Industrial Visit

Semester VII 
Infrastructure Construction Planning & Management
Advanced Design of Structures
Hydraulic Structures
Environmental Engineering II
Elective I (any one Subject)
Design & Construction of Offshore Structures
Optimization Methods and Its Appl. in Infrastructure Engg.
Finite Element Methods
Ground Improvement Techniques
Practical
Advanced Design Practical
Major Project I
Seminar I
Industrial Training

Semester VIII 
Infrastructure Safety & Maintenance
Building Law & Professional Ethics
Elective II (any one subject)
Infrastructure Modeling
Pre-stressed Concrete
Structural Dynamics
Advance Transportation Engineering

Practical
Major Project II
Seminar II
Comprehensive Viva II

No comments:

Post a Comment